It’s been a few months now since I started working as an Avon Independent Sales Representative and I’ve had an incredible experience so far. I did make a post about why I started Avon if you’d like to check out that post as well. I realized I didn’t talk about what I learned before I knew this was the company that I wanted to work for. Of course, before starting, I did extensive research about Avon to make sure this was really a great company and from what I’ve learned, it truly is. I found out some really cool facts that I’d love to share with you guys.
- Avon started in 1886! That’s about 130 years ago.
- Avon was founded by David H. McConnel.
- In 1886, Avon wasn’t called Avon. It was actually first called the California Perfume Company.
- Avon offered women the opportunity to make their own money 34 years before they were able to vote!
- Avon is a leader in funding breast cancer research and ending domestic violence.
- Avon breast cancer programs have contributed more than $800 million to conduct research in 50 countries.
- Avon is the #1 direct selling beauty company in the world.
- Avon’s first product was the Little Dot perfume set.
- Avon sells 4 lipsticks and 2 lipsticks every second across the world!
- Today, Avon does not test on animals. In 1989, Avon vowed to not participate in animal testing.
Not only am I passionate about all of the products that Avon has to offer, but the company itself is something that I’m extremely proud to be a part of. I’ve recently realized that not a lot of people know that Avon is still in business just because it is such an old company. When I ask people if they’ve heard of Avon they usually say something along the lines of, “Yeah, my mom and grandma used to use their products. Are they still around?” Avon has been around a very long time and it’s still thriving and doing amazing things. If you’re interested in checking out their products, you can visit my store at www.youravon.com/amandaburnett
If you’re possibly interested in becoming your own beauty boss and would like to join my team, contact me for more information!
Thank you so much for reading. ♥