When it comes to skincare, it’s safe to say that I’m obsessed. I’m always trying out new products and seeing which ones work best for me. I also have extremely dry skin so I’m very picky about what I use on my skin. During the winter months, I gravitate towards thicker lotions and face creams but I’ve also learned that less is more. Believe it or not, I used to pile on so much skin care products all over but now I only use a few things for my face and body. The cold months usually wreak havoc on my skin but lately, my skin is staying fairly moisturized and has minimal problems. I believe this is because of the skincare products I’ve been using. Well, I’ve also stopped picking at any acne marks but I’ll save that story for another post!
*Links provided in this post are linked to either to my Avon store or Amazon. I never post anything I don’t actually love or use.*
The most important tool in my skincare routine is definitely my Clarisonic! I’ve been using it for a few years now and it’s changed my skin for the better. I can’t ever believe I used to wash my face with my hands before using this. My face actually feels so much cleaner after I wash my face.
- The face wash that I use day and night is my Avon Anew Ultimate Cream Cleanser. This is really gentle on your skin but get’s the job done when getting all the dirt and makeup off. It keeps my face moisturized and doesn’t give me a tight or dry feeling that I’ve experienced with other face washes I’ve used in the past.
- After washing my face, I smooth on my Avon Anew Vitamin C serum. I never used to use serums but after a month of trying this, my skin was noticeably brighter and clearer. Now it’s a must-have in my skincare routine, especially in the winter.
- After the serum, I apply moisturizer. I use both of the Anew Ultimate day and night cream. I’ve seen so much difference in my skin since using these. My skin is clearer, firmer, and smoother.
I’m always switching up face masks but I’ve been using this one a lot recently. At first, I wasn’t a fan that it wasn’t a clay or peel-off mask. It’s a different texture than I was used to but my skin looked and felt better after using it for a while so now I find myself using it about once a week.
For body lotion, I’m have two that I’m constantly switching between.
- I use my Avon Skin so Soft body lotion when I want to just slather on a lighter moisturizer. It’s light in consistency but it still leaves my skin feeling very moisturized.
- When I’m in need of a thicker lotion, I use my OGX Radiant Glow Argan Oil of Morocco. It does a great job of leaving my skin moisturized all day long and it also smells lovely!
When I need even more moisture, I turn to this holy grail product! I love adding a capful of my Skin so Soft bath oil to my bath. I like taking hot baths so this makes sure the water doesn’t dry out my skin. I even put this all over after I get out of the bath or shower! As you can see, I use it often! I’m pretty much obsessed with this stuff.
That’s all of the general products I use for my winter skin care routine!
Do you have a simple or complex skincare routine during the colder months?