Journal prompts are used to help inspire you and to give you something to think about. It’s the first week of November and it’s just hitting me that 2020 is two months away! This realization has many emotions flowing through me. It’s been a year of discovery for sure. I really want to sit back and think about everything I’ve accomplished this year. Also, I want to think about everything I want to achieve for next year.
I know I’m not the only one who feels this way and it can be so overwhelming with all of these thoughts and ideas just sitting in your head. That is when I had an idea to create a tool for us to use to brain dump. Something we can use and really self reflect. I put together a list of 20 journal prompts for the year 2020!
10 of the journal prompts will be used to reflect on your year of 2019. The next 10 will be to discover where you want to go and who you want to be in 2020. If you’re interested in keeping these journal prompts, I created a free printable so you can have a hardcopy!
20 Journal Prompts
- How would you describe 2019 for you?
- Name your biggest achievement of 2019.
- What was your biggest lesson in 2019?
- What was something in 2019 that you’d like to improve in 2020?
- Were you able to meet your New Years’ goals for 2019? If so, name them.
- Name 3 things you’ve discovered about yourself in 2019.
- What is your favorite memory in 2019?
- What was your proudest moment of 2019?
- Was there anything you didn’t accomplish that you wish you did?
- Are you excited for the new year?
- Write 5 New Year’s Resolutions for 2020.
- Name 5 ways you could improve yourself in 2020.
- What is your word for the new year? (ex: Successful)
- Name one habit you want to stop in 2020.
- How could you be more successful in 2020?
- What is one change you’re willing to make in 2020?
- Name a new skill you want to learn.
- What do you look forward to the most?
- Where do you see yourself next year?
- Write a letter to yourself to look back on next year to see your growth.
I hope you like the journal prompts! I love looking back on the year and figuring out where I want to go in the upcoming year. Again, if you enjoy these, don’t forget to download & print the list so you always have it!
Amanda Burnett is a 24-year-old living out her creativity through the internet. Blogging about various topics to entertain and inspire. Filming YouTube videos to share her life. And working hard to create the life she’s always dreamt of.