Journal prompts for the beginning of 2021? Absolutely! After the year we just had, I think it’s really important that we all focus on our self-development and mental health. Truthfully, I started journaling a lot more in 2020 and I can tell you, it is so helpful. Having an outlet for the thoughts inside our mind, which I know can get cluttered and crazy, is very beneficial for our mental health.
If you’re new to journaling, my advice is to just try it before turning it down. It may be the thing that you never knew you needed in your life. Find at least 30 min of free time and give a few of these prompts a try. I hope you love it!
You can use these journal prompts digitally or write them down in a notebook/journal. I will also be including a free printable at the end of this post so you can have them handy. Also, I opened an online shop, Simply Motivated, full of items that help you stay motivated so you can find some notebooks to use there!
Are you ready?
- Grab your journal
- Grab a cup of tea or beverage of choice
- Get comfy
- Let’s start journaling!
- What were some of your biggest challenges in 2020?
- What did you learn from those challenges?
- List at least 5 positive things that happened in 2020.
- How did you improve yourself in 2020?
- List 5 limiting beliefs that you’re leaving in 2020.
- What are you holding onto & need to forgive yourself for?
- What is your word for 2021?
- List 3 short term goals for 2021.
- List 3 long term goals.
- What are 5 resolutions you have for 2021?
- Where do you want to see yourself at the end of 2021?
- What’s one skill you want to work on this year?
- List 10 things you’re grateful for right now.
- What are 5 qualities of yourself that you want to strengthen?
- Find a quote that’s going to represent this year for you. Write it down!
- What is one negative habit you want to eliminate this year?
- What are 5 qualities you love about yourself?
- How are you going to practice self-love on a daily basis?
- How can you give back this year?
- Write a letter to yourself in 2022.
I hope these journal prompts bring you clarity and a little bit more peace! Remember to take it one day at a time.
Need more motivation? Check these posts out.
- 25 Positive Affirmations | Daily Motivation
- Motivational Quotes To Get You Through The Day
- 7 Toxic Things To Stop Telling Yourself Right Now
- 7 Ways To Change Your Life
Amanda Burnett is a 24-year-old living out her creativity through the internet. Blogging about various topics to entertain and inspire. Filming YouTube videos to share her life. And working hard to create the life she’s always dreamt of.